EL CARRO DE LA MATA
100% Moscatel de Alejandría
El Carro de la Mata is made from a single plot of Moscatel grapes called “El Carro” found in the La Mata Natural Park in Torrevieja. They are ungrafted vines planted over 50 years ago in very sandy, salty soils.
WINEMAKING: Manual harvest in small crates. 30% of the grapes are placed in amphorae in whole bunches the remaining 70% is destemmed. The must is fermented with skins on the skins in the amphorae; spontaneous fermentation occurs thanks to the natural yeasts from the La Mata Natural Park, with no sulphur added. 30 days skins contact. The wine is then pressed and aged for 4 months in amphorae until it is bottled, unfiltered and unclarified.
TASTING NOTE: Light golden yellow in color. Notes of stone fruit, orange peel and jasmin on the nose. Some marine aromas from the saline soils combines with notes of baked earth and clay from the amphorae. Dry and refreshing on the palate with a pronounced saline character from the salty soils. A white wine with great texture, medium bodied with well-integrated acidity. The finish is dry and long making it perfect to combine with an array of fishes, rices dishes, pastas or a selection of cheeses. And specially to enjoy it with a good book or a good film.